Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Welbeck ready to return


Danny Welbeck has revealed he is feeling fit again after returning to training and is ready to make a comeback when called upon by Sir Alex.

The striker started the season in superb form but pulled up with a hamstring problem after scoring in the win against Arsenal at Old Trafford. After making a speedy recovery, the exciting England international is delighted to be pushing for selection again.

"I trained late last week and had a little rest on Sunday before coming back in again on Monday," he told ManUtd.com. "I'm feeling good.

"I don't know the squad yet for Leeds but, if I'm called upon, I'm always prepared to be there as I feel ready. I wouldn't be training if I wasn't."

The trip to Elland Road promises to be a great occasion and Welbeck is looking forward to the match with a great sense of anticipation as he hopes to see other Academy graduates involved.

"These games mean so much to the club and I think bringing the youth through for these matches is always a big positive," he explained. "I hope quite a few of them get a chance to show what they can do. There's a lot of talent at Manchester United and I'm sure, if they get a chance, they'll showcase that talent."

No comments:

Post a Comment